|Insurance Company||Claim Phone Number|
1. If there was a pipe burst causing water to flow over my floors, am I covered?Yes, within a renter's insurance policy it covers accidental discharge of water from a plumbing system.
2. Does my renters Insurance policy cover earthquake?No, Earthquake insurance is a separate coverage. This coverage can be purchased through:
3. How can I save money on my renters insurance?
4. How much will my insurance premium increase and how long will it remain on my record after I file a claim?Rate increase after a claim is based solely on the insurance company. After filing a claim, you will lose your claim free discount for your renters' insurance. The average timeframe for a renter's insurance claim to remain on an account is 5 years, but this depends on each individual carrier. *Please consult with your insurance agent about this matter.
5. As a tenant if I am forced to evacuate by a civic authority, does my renters insurance cover my extra living expenses?Your renter's policy may cover the extra living expenses. This coverage will help compensate you for extra living expenses in the event that the place you are renting becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss. Please refer to your renter's policy or your insurance agent to confirm.